Neurogen HPN uses four tiny sensors gently applied to the skin to measure the electrical brainwaves (EEG or electroencephalogram) that are displayed on a computer screen.
Using an extremely low-strength microcurrent (1/1000 of that of an AA battery), the equipment sends a tiny signal to the brain that causes a slight alteration in brain waves. This allows the brain to reorganize its stuck patterns and establish healthy ones. The effects of Neurogen HPN are powerful and long-lasting, treating the symptoms at source within the nervous system.
Neurogen HPN does not require any effort or learning on your part. You can just sit back and relax while the sophisticated equipment does the work. The microcurrent is so small that it cannot be felt but the improvement in symptoms can be very rapid. Most people notice an initial change within the first three or four sessions. A sense of calmness and improved sleep are often the first changes you will see. Family members or friends may notice the change before you do. Appointments are once or twice per week initially and later may be spaced further apart. On average, it takes 15-20 sessions to provide permanent results. Occasionally, a follow-up treatment may be helpful.
It has been effectively used for the following conditions:
- traumatic brain injury (TBI, concussion), including foggy thinking, disorientation, lack of clarity, focus, or attention
- ADD and ADHD, or other causes of poor concentration and focus
- anxiety, depression
- headaches including some types of migraine
- autism spectrum, including Asperger’s Syndrome
- Alzheimer’s symptoms and prevention
- improved confidence and focus in academic or sports performance
- persistent pain – neurofeedback does not target painful areas directly; instead, HPN can reduce pain associated with bruxism/tooth grinding, TMJ disorders, and fibromyalgia, by reducing anxiety, improving sleep and mood.
Experienced clinicians have observed that 80% or more of people receiving this type of neurofeedback enjoy significant benefit. No long-term adverse effects have been noted. A small percentage of patients have a temporary sleepy, spacey, or tired feeling after a session, or the opposite – “wired” for a few hours - never more than a day or two. At subsequent visits fine-tuning adjustments can be made as needed to produce even better results.
Need some questions answered? Visit our FAQ page here to find out more.